Monday 16 July 2012

A Cure for the Holiday Blues



Last week was one of the best in my life. I know that’s a pretty bold statement but when the whole seven days, back-to-back, are incredible, it’s hard to ignore the facts.

This was for a few reasons; mainly the company, the scenery, the weather, the music and the far away feeling that helped me slip into some kind of parallel universe. That’s how I always feel when I get home to English weather – like it was all a dream, in which sunshine is only experienced in a make-believe world.

The festival itself was the best I’ve ever been to because (dare I say it), it didn’t always feel like a festival. It was small enough to recognise everyone by the end of the week and friendly enough to want to recognise everyone. No V-Festival chavs at this party. And then there’s the beach. Awww. Now I’m daydreaming again. The water was the clearest, most turquoise water I’ve ever swam in without the worry of unwelcomed creatures and the sun was warmer than I could ever remember. The fact that a whole week gave us time to enjoy that, as well as the music, was another success of the Garden Festival.

So my cure, on return, is to daydream. Thom and I are already planning our next trip and where to travel next time we visit Croatia’s stunning coastline. We hear Montenegro’s nice but with Tuscany, India and Coachella before that, maybe it’ll find a bit of competition on the way. Until next year Croatia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment